Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Gruden bullish on the Bulls

Count Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden among the legion of fans the USF Bulls are gathering this fall.

Gruden showed more emotion during his Monday morning press conference while answering a question about the Bulls than he did talking about his team’s 4-2 start. He especially liked the trombone section of the university’s band, which played the National Anthem before Sunday’s 13-10 win against Tennessee at Raymond James Stadium.

Take it away coach:

“No. 2 in the nation. That is unbelievable. I say it every week, just unbelievable. Coach (Jim) Leavitt and their organization, their athletic department, their coaching staff, support staff. I had the band right in front of me playing the National Anthem, the trombone players, even they’re great, so they got it going on. I’m really fired up and I can’t wait till the next game.”

No comments: